Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

So are we just going to go ahead and pretend that I haven't been MIA since September and keep on with this little dog and pony show....? Because I don't have a very good excuse for why I've been gone. I feel like Tom Hanks in "You've Got Mail" when he's writing to explain why he stood her up.



Well, I can't blame it on my class because they are wonderful. Not so much today but it wasn't the norm for them.

I'm sad to say that I just haven't been very inspired lately. Maybe if I take my New Year's Resolution to catch up on my Google Reader then I'll find something to write about.

Our schedule has been a disaster lately. We were fortunate to get a snow day last week which was fine for us but it screwed up the high school exam schedule. Then we had a one hour early dismissal on Friday and a two hour delay on Monday. I think the high-schoolers finally got to take their Friday exams today. We were also supposed to have Monday as a teacher work day and Tuesday as a half day for mid-year conferences but that got pushed back twice and now Wednesday is the work day and Thursday is conferences. The kids are so confused. "But wait... I thought you said... I don't understand... why...." I feel ya kiddos.

Speaking of schedule changes, our principal decided that during the month of January we needed to get in a few extra reading and math blocks each week to help with pacing. So we had to sacrifice three days a week of Social Studies/Science time for reading or math. "What do you mean you can't teach what you normally teach in 20 days in 8 instead???" I made some neat little study booklets for my kids and somehow they managed to learn three Native American tribes and U.S. geography in less than half the time we normally use. The test is on Friday so I guess I shouldn't count my chickens before they hatch.

So again... this is probably the world's boring post but I had to get out all the blogging cobwebs before I could deliver the A-list material. Hopefully I'll get my act together and you can stop reading my post about Ten Apples Up on Top over and over and over again as I know you are. Admit it. You missed me.

2 comments:

  1. Yep, I missed you! Welcome back!
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that this is a late reply to your blog but I just want you to know that I understand your frustration with schedules. We PLAN and then...how about we change the plan over and over again? My school year has been full of changes the whole year long and it makes everything feel out of whack. Doesn't it? Well, let's hope the new school year is better! I hope that it's been better since you wrote this way back in January! BTW...great blog!

    ReplyDelete