Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

Geometry Roll-and-Build

Since I'm getting pretty close to finishing my room I won't be posting any more "in process" photos until it is complete. I did however snap a photo of my most prized collection... Where would I be without these things!?
Thanks to everyone who has been cheering me on each day! I love reading your comments!


Now on to the post!
Kim at Lakeshore Learning was nice enough to send me this Geometry Roll-and-Build game to try out and review. 



My nephew is going into third grade so I handed him the bag and said "go for it."
Of course he was a good boy and read the directions first. I'm sure that had NOTHING to do with the fact that Aunt Teacher was standing there with a camera.

 Making a Square.

 Of course little brother had to join in the fun. Although his little 3 year old hands didn't have the dexterity to get those sticks to fit into the itty-bitty holes, he had fun sorting the colors and could roll the dice and name the shape.

 Big brother's finished square. What a cheeser :P...

After this picture he said, "Am I done being the test monkey?" and skuttled away. :)

All in all, I would recommend this product. I selected this Geometry game because Geometry is one math concept that I don't have many games for. I like that the different size sides are different colors and that the connector balls have TONS of openings at all different angles to make assembly easier. Go here to get yours for $12.95. Kim also wants me to mention that you can get free shipping when you spend $79 or more & 20% off hundreds of Lakeshore favorites -- Offer valid through 9/4/12 on www.lakeshorelearning.com.
Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment